It’s either you are too occupied with work or school that you got your hands so full, so much so that you’ll have little to no recall of exercising or going on a trip to a gym in Manila.
This is especially true if you’re living in the city. For instance, Manila. The gym would feel like a thousand miles from you, kind of like you are in a long-distance relationship with it.
Yes, there are countless gyms in Makati, Manila, and other cities, but time is the enemy when you feel the need to break out a sweat.
For people on the go, and those who just need a quick excuse to exercise at home, this article is just as quick as these bite-sized workouts.
Mock Jumping Rope
If you want the cardio time to prep yourself for your workout without straining yourself too much, you should try this move to get your heart racing in no time.
- Start by standing with your feet hip-distance apart
- Jump a few inches off the ground and land on the soles of your feet in a quick motion.
- Rotate your wrists as if holding a jump rope while you’re at it too.
This exercise is an absolute must if you want a strong core and shoulder stability. Get it, get it?
- Lie down on the floor or mat and bend your knees with your feet flat on the ground.
- Lift your upper body off the ground so your thighs and torso form a V-shape.
- Extend your arms in front of you, clasp your hands together, and twist your torso to the right, bringing your arms to the right as well.
- Keep your abs contracted. Rotate back to the center then twist to the left.
Supine Reverse Crunches
Transform the classic crunch into a workout that will definitely sculpt your abs. Reverse crunches can be tricky if you don’t know how to do it right.
Follow the steps below so you can add this workout move to your fitness arsenal.
- Lie in a supine position (on your back), arms at your sides, and with your palms on the floor.
- Position your body in a straight line from head to toe.
- Move your legs up so your knees move up to your chest, your hips and lower back should raise up off the floor.
- You can also increase the intensity of your exercise by increasing the length of the time you are in a raised position.
Since these are all high-intensity workouts done in a quick succession, remember to have proper breathing techniques so you don’t overexert yourself.
It’s normal to feel the burn after a workout. But if you feel any pain, stop because your body is your only equipment, so you should really take care of it.
Just don’t forget to loosen up your muscles by relaxing every once in a while—and not just from exercising, but also from your daily lifestyle as a busybody.
Also, read: How to Fight Against Anxiety?