In 2011, it was difficult to ignore the major changes in Google’s algorithm, which had a major impact on search results. It affected both larger and smaller websites, which experienced a drastic decline in organic traffic. Ask and eBay were just some of the sites that were hit hard by the big update.
The update was rolled out in a period when there were still a lot of webmasters who tried to improve their rankings with unfounded methods. Initially, the update affected 3-5% of all search results, which was a high percentage compared with previous updates. Just as it has been true for all previous changes to the algorithm, there were both losers and winners.
Google Panda focuses heavily on assessing the quality of content on websites. The update has therefore naturally gone beyond those sites that did not meet the basic quality requirements. Initially, it was an independent filter that was added to the existing search engine index. However, it is no longer a separate filter. Instead, the update has been made into a fixed part of the current algorithm.
One of the most critical elements of this update is that it will not be updated very often. The rare updates have gone worst in addition to websites that have been forced to wait many months or years to get rid of a punishment. Therefore, it has generally made great enthusiasm that the update has become a fixed part of the core algorithm. Should one be so unfortunate to be punished, one can relatively quickly regain confidence with the right strategy.
Google Panda focuses on these items
If you want to avoid being punished by Google, it’s important that you understand which items are focused on this update. For example, websites have broken down that do not meet the stringent quality requirements.
- Thin Content –Clearly, Google Panda aims to turn down websites with thin content. Empty pages and thin content are pages that do not create value for the visitor. Thin content is associated with low quality and it is something that is increasingly being punished. These include about copied content, advertising-funded pages without added value, auto-generated content and doorway pages. You can avoid getting thin content if you spend time creating unique and valuable content for your users. High quality content submission plays a huge role to get ranking of your website.
- Navigation –In addition, the focus is on the easy navigation of a website. However, at the same time, websites have been created that have created an over-optimized navigation piece, where there are a high number of links on one and the same page. The update has meant that Google has met the websites that made it easy for users to navigate. A good navigation also has an impact on a site indexing, which includes: is able to use a sitemap.
- An abundance of advertisements –You are not necessarily in danger zone simply because you have advertisements on your website. However, Google Panda has been found to have punished the sites where there has been an abundance of advertisements. They have chosen to do so in cases where the advertisements have had a negative impact on user experience. In connection with the update, on the distribution between advertising and text content. If there are too many advertisements relative to the text content, it will be critical. It is also risky with large advertising banners at the top of a site that steals the attention of the valuable content.
- High bounce rate –There may be many reasons why visitors do not choose to move on to a website. This may include Linked to the fact that the landing page does not answer the demand that there are too many advertisements that there are annoying pop-ups or something entirely fourth. In connection with this update, Google has chosen to hit harder down on those websites where users quickly leave the page and do not navigate across multiple subpages.
- Over-optimization of internal links –You can and should work with internal link building, but if you work with over-optimization of internal links, it can result in a penalty. Many years ago, one could link to the same underside with an identical anchor text while achieving top scores. Unfortunately, Google has become more aware of over-optimization of internal links. As in the case of incoming links, there must be a good variation in the internal links.
How to turn Google Panda on
Although Google Panda has hurt many webmasters, it does not mean that the update should adversely affect your websites. Whether you’re affected or not, follow the current guidelines from Google. In this regard, your challenge is to optimize your pages for the most important factors. If you follow Google Guidelines when you optimize your pages, you have the option to minimize the risk of being punished. If you have already been awarded a penalty, there is no need to give up. Instead, you should work to optimize your pages correctly and await Google’s reevaluation. For this reason, you should get rid of the bad content that may be the reason for the penalty allocation.
Let’s help you regain top rankings
If you do not know what to do with search engine optimization of your website, please contact us. We have more than 5 years experience in the industry and we will be happy to help you achieve the desired top positions. We can help you with all possible tasks – whether you are affected by a punishment or not. You will be in contact with an SEO Website or companies or who have been familiar with Google Panda for many years and knows how to optimize a site based on Google’s guideline and algorithm. Do you contact us per mail or telephone; we will gladly prepare a non-binding offer.